cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chuch
Message 1 of 7

Universal remote control

Go to solution

I have just successfully connected a Humax DTR -T1000 to a Sony Bravia TV. Using the tv remote I have selected the HDMI option. My problem is that although I can get the universal remote to change from PVR to TV I can't the other way ie  TV to PVR  (I have programmed the universal remote to the tv) On checking the Input/Source it has moved from HDMI back to TV. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Surely I don't have to use the tv remote and set the HDMI option every time
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Universal remote control

Go to solution

@Chuch wrote:

I have just successfully connected a Humax DTR -T1000 to a Sony Bravia TV. Using the tv remote I have selected the HDMI option. My problem is that although I can get the universal remote to change from PVR to TV I can't the other way ie  TV to PVR  (I have programmed the universal remote to the tv) On checking the Input/Source it has moved from HDMI back to TV. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Surely I don't have to use the tv remote and set the HDMI option every time

Ideally needs to be in the Youview section seeing this is a Youview query - did you get it from BT or Retail

But not every tv will automatically switch from HDMI back to original source or to HDMI when you power up the hdmi device

0 Ratings
Chuch
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I got the Humax from BT

0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Not sure if this helps anyone BUT......assuming you set your YV remote to work the TV as well, IF, whilst having the remote set to control the tv, you press the OK button you will get the list of inputs on the screen - just as if you did the same thing on the SONY BRAVIA remote...in other words not just the +/- buttons and power button are mapped...the OK button is as well....there may be others, I haven't checked.

I assume that this will work on other models and makes of TV and, from my POV, is a VERY useful improvement over BTV which I could never get to do that...even with teh function button held down....again maybe that's my model of TV???

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
I can't get this to work on my (new style) YouView remote on my Sony TV. It's a pain having to retain my TV remote just to switch inputs. Any ideas?
0 Ratings
woodface7
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
On our 2010 & 2011 Sony TVs, while the YV remote is in TV mode, the 'Delete' button provides full access to not only the input options, but the whole menu system.
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
I have the newest style remote, and it doesn't have a TV mode. I've tried every combination of buttons with 'shift' (which turns the YouView on/off into a TV on/off), to no avail.
0 Ratings