Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevie7321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Unsopported on TV screen

Go to solution

Hi, please can someone help.. I've set up my BT TV box to my living room TV and I get a black screen saying unsopported. But works fine on my bedroom TV ? 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
NigelB72
Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: Unsopported on TV screen

Go to solution

It might be that the living room tv doesn't support the resolution that it's set to. Change it back to 720p on the bedroom TV and see if that works

0 Ratings
Stevie7321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thankyou for reply... Do I have to set the BT box to 720 and my living room TV to 720 too 

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Set the box to 720p which is its lowest setting and then cycle through the resolutions until you get one your TV supports. Is it an old tv because most should support 1080p at least

0 Ratings
Stevie7321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, thankyou for reply... My TV is only 2 years old, 4K smart.. just comes up with a black box with unsopported and that's it. I tried the BT box in my bedroom & works fine on my older TV ? 

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Which TV make and model is it ?

0 Ratings
Stevie7321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, it's a Baird 65" smart tv. I'm sorry, I'm not to sure on the model No. I've had now TV and a Amazon fire stick that work perfectly. Just can't understand why Unsopported comes up & screen is blank.  It works fine on my LG TV in the bedroom ?

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

It will have stored the settings from the bedroom tv and the main TV may not support the same ones . 

0 Ratings
Stevie7321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Is there anything I can do to change the settings for it to work ?  I don't understand how it can't work on a pretty new TV 

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Try plugging it into the other TV and doing a factory reset but select the options to keep your recordings and then plug it back in to the main TV and run the set-up from there. It should automatically detect the correct resolution settings for your tv

0 Ratings