cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Updated to 26.4.0.0 - all bad....

Up until 26 August everything seemed fine.

Appears on this date my DTRT2100 was updated to

Since then we have been plagued with the following.

1) Recordings menu - usually sorted by Date, ends up in a random order. And not A-Z or Z-A

2) Some series recordings of new series record every instance of a show - Can't Pay We'll Take It Away (CPWTIA) - usually a new series is marked New: CPWTI and repeats are just CPWTI. No "New" infront of new series so if you series record the new series you also get all 8 or so recordings of old episodes across 3 channels through the week. Easy to delete but iritating if they clash with other recordings or like last week force the box to change channel mis program as two old episodes started on C5 and My5 at the same time and the box chose one....

3) Recordings clipping off the beginning and end of programs.

4) Various lockups and failures to switch on. I used to power cycle the box once a week in the past, then once a fortnight, then once a month or so (just to "refresh" things). Now it every 3-4 days.... No error messages.

It looks like i'm the only one on here with these issuess (except 3 which i believe is the broadcasters issue)...

Anyway to roll back or reset the box?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Updated to 26.4.0.0 - all bad....

I don't think issue (2) is down to the new software.  I am seeing it too, and my DTRT1000 box is still on a rather ancient 22.18.0.

Most likely, EPG issues, since pretty much everything that the YouView box records is triggered by thr EPG.

0 Ratings
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Forgot to add

3) Multiple failed recordings last week

4) This morning Weak or No Signal - power cycle and volia!!!

0 Ratings
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Ectophile - thanks. I've seen the multiple threads on this and I believe you are right. I can understand a one off error but day after day after day....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

There are various options to reset the box software:

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-13...

In your circumstances I would try the Maintenance mode 4 - Internet / USB recovery, keep recordings option.

That should keep your existing recordings although you will need to retune your channels  , reactivate your IP channels (done by tuning in to one) and set up any scheduled recordings (including series recordings) afresh once the box restarts after the MM4 rest.

If doing this when tuning your channels  look out for any options that you are given as to choices of regions.

0 Ratings
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

1) Still happens but not so much

2) Still hit and miss

3) Not so bad as before...

4) Well i didn't reset instead i switched off the Smart Power option and no issues for three weeks so far....

0 Ratings