Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco63
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Upgrade youview to youview+ box

Go to solution

Hi - I've just upgraded to BT Infinity with BT TV and been sent a YouView box. I was expecting a box that could record.  Is it possible to return the YouvView box and upgrade it to the YouvView+ box?

Thanks

Marco

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upgrade youview to youview+ box

Go to solution
What TV package are you on. I am guessing you are on starter if you got a non-recordable box. You would need to move to Entertainment Plus. It states on the main page for Entertainment Plus :- ΔIf choosing to switch to a recordable box, there will be a £35 box swap fee. If you don't like that idea you can always buy a secondhand recordable YouView box and use that instead...
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Paying £35 is a better choice than buying a secondhand box as you'll get support for it.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

...but in addition to the box swap fee you would have to pay an extra amount a month on top of that (£10?) for entertainment plus. If you get a box on a 'well known internet auction site' you would be able to use that with your existing BT TV subscription instead of paying a the box swap fee. Up to you. There are lots of YouView+ boxes on that site. If you do plan to go down this route make sure you don't buy a TalkTalk youview+ box - only a Humax/BT YouView+ box. You could sell your new BT YouView (non-recording box) on the same site also 🙂

That being said if you pay the box swap fee and the extra amount a month you'll get the extra TV channels.

(I'm assumimg that you are on the basic box with no extra channels just now)

0 Ratings
marco63
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks bud - that is the correct answer. I just got off the phone to BT.

I'll have a look at that well-known internet auction site and do the sums. Some of the extra channels look good, but not sure if the extra £££ is worth it

Cheers

Marco

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
And with entertainment plus I think you also get tv everywhere which allows you to watch some of the extra channels on a mobile our tablet. I know you are probably not interested in that but still worth pointing out.
0 Ratings
marco63
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for that info - always welcome

Cheers

Marco
0 Ratings