Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Upgraded to 4k box but 4k sport not activated

Go to solution

Hi...

Upgraded to new 4k box and hub 6 but uhd sport not activated.

Signed up to a new two year deal for broadband and tv, contacted online chat today but advised me i was missold as i dont have uhd tv package and have to wait till next week for someone to call me.

Any ideas how this will play out?

I specifically checked on call i would have 4k sport so a little dissapointed not working.

Not particularly impressed with bt as previously broadband kept dropping which turned out to be a bt fault, i was going elsewhere until offered the deal above due to my broadband issue.

Thanks

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Upgraded to 4k box but 4k sport not activated

Go to solution

Hi @Grouchly1970 do you know what tv package you are on? if you are on the max one it should come with bt sport 4k, and the fact that you have been sent the ultra hd box would suggest that you took the max package. Does your bt tv box definitely have ultra hd on front? 

Probably just a simple mistake on bt side,  like you said it's not been activated. Are all the other bt sport channels working and the bt sport hd ones? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for the response.

My box has ultrahd on the front left and my package is showing as entertainment max.

I have the other sports channels in hd, with hd extra against my package add ons.

I guess theres not much i can do until next week.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

THe Entertainment Max package I believe does not include the BT Sport 4K UHD channel.

The packages that do I believe are the Total Entertainment (upto 03August) and the MAX (from 04August).

see the BT Packages foe Infinity Broadband (Continued)  link at

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/348/a_id/52653

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hello @Grouchly1970

I'm sorry your package is not quite what you expected. I'd be willing to see if I can help get this sorted for you, if you Private Message me your hone phone number or account number, I'll be in touch.

Martin.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

I have the same issue.  I ordered the max package for the UHD and then they sent me the normal HD box.  At no stage was I told that I couldnt get UHD.  My boradband speed is 56mb, so should be plenty.

Looking through the website, the max package clearly implies UHD is included.  BT are purposefully misleading customers and mis selling products.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hello @PD_BARBS

I'm sorry you have also had a similar issue, if you'd like to Private Message me with your home phone number or account number, I'll get this looked at for you and be in touch to see how I can help.

Kind regards, 

Martin.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

I ordered BT infinity 2 and also ordered the ultra HD box as well and i can't watch HD or 4K yet but i did get an email saying my new broadband will be activated on the 21st of September so i will have to wait till then to watch BT sport on there.

maybe OP the same will happen with you?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for all the replies.

A nice lady from the resolutions team sorted this out. I needed to be on the total entertainment tv package which hadn't been done. So all up and running now with uhd box, hub 6 and 4k.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Can I ask what speed you are getting.

BT called me last night and told me that I couldnt get UHD as I needed speed of around 60mb, when I'm getting 50mb.  So all in all they are misleading customers big time with what they say on their websites.

So just curious as to what speeds people are getting and using UHD.

0 Ratings