cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doncampbell70
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Using the “I” button on the remote.

When you press the info button, it brings up a partial description. How do I see the full programme information?  Thanks in advance.  Probably something simple.....

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Using the “I” button on the remote.

Hi @Doncampbell70, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Did you try pressing the info button when in the TV Guide menu rather than on the channel itself? 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Doncampbell70
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Neil for replying. Yes I’ve done that but same thing, just a partial description!  Sure it’s simple but I can’t figure it out....🙄

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi, @Doncampbell70 that is the full description, if you're clicking on the information button and the description panel is opening-up you're in the right place.  

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Doncampbell70
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Sorry Neil, saw dots after the description which led me to believe there was more to see and I needed to expand the view. Thanks again.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Doncampbell70 

I suspect that the incomplete descriptions that appear for some programmes when using the i(nfo) button occur when Youview displays data provided by its channel player partners.  A programme available on a live channel may also be provided via that channel’s catch-up Player , E.g. a  Channel 5 programme may be available  on the My 5 player.  This seems sometimes to result in a strange end to the description when using the i button in the Youview guide.

What channels are you experiencing this on ?

robotman1
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

@Doncampbell70I'd tend to agree with @zulu17 and his thinking of where Youview is getting its data. When you compare  any of those listings that are incomplete and end with the dots (signifying the description is incomplete) with the listings info on a Freesat device you'll find the complete description on that platform. That would lead me to believe @zulu17 has hit the nail on the head regarding partial descriptions on Youview boxes. It's like someone ripping out the last page of a book you've been reading 😆

Doncampbell70
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

A bit like the dentist! Since I’ve mentioned it I can’t find any damn examples🙄🙄🙄. But as long as I know I’m not alone and am not missing something obvious, I’m happier. Appreciate your response 👍🏻👏🏼
0 Ratings