Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aardvark99
Beginner
Message 2 of 14

Vanishing recordings with Yourview box.

Hello,
just checked my recordings and see that 2 have disappeared,not deleted. Any idea how to get them back ?
The box has been retuned or reset, TV channels ok, TV is ok, signal strength and cables ok.
These problems only occurred earlier this month after i got the message saying the BT Yourview was getting upgraded/ reset/ refreshed or whatever the technical term is.
Before then no problems with the box or remote.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
aardvark99
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Maintenance mode reset failed. BT Yourview.

Hello, recently used option 4 to reset the box and keep recordings BT Freeview, but the recordings vanished.Can i get them back ?
Signal strength,cables etc ok.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Re: Vanishing recordings with Yourview box.

Where they recorded from the Internet delivered channels?

0 Ratings
aardvark99
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Not too sure ,have got unlimited BT infinity 1, just the normal WiFi router box connected to the tv, ( I'm not a technical person Keith).
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

If it was a recording taken from one of the extra channels, and it was recorded a while ago, then the content may have expired, and would have been deleted from the box.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

If it was a recording taken from one of the extra channels, and it was recorded a while ago, then the content may have expired, and would have been deleted from the box.

I never knew that to happen on any other platform. Do you mean to say recordings can be removed from our boxes without our having any say in it? Obviously, on every platform, programmes available On Demand/Catch Up have a life expectancy, but I've never known recordings on any other platform I use or have used to have a shelf life. That's certainly an eye opener to how the internet delivered channels are provided to Youview over other platforms.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Content providers can place restrictions on how long you can keep content, just like the BBC do with iPlayer downloads.

That is also why you have to have an Internet connection to view recorded content that has been recorded from the Internet channels. Its a licence check to see if the content is still allowed to be viewed.

BT, like many other providers, have to abide by the rules set by the content provider.

In essence, BT have full control on what you are allowed to record, and how long you can keep it.

That does not affect content recorded via FreeView.

0 Ratings
aardvark99
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Now that i have read some comments, i will assume the recordings were Freeview, a couple of programmes from C4 on Wed 13th December.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

@aardvark99 wrote:
Now that i have read some comments, i will assume the recordings were Freeview, a couple of programmes from C4 on Wed 13th December.

In that case, they may not have recorded correctly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Content providers can place restrictions on how long you can keep content, just like the BBC do with iPlayer downloads.

That is also why you have to have an Internet connection to view recorded content that has been recorded from the Internet channels. Its a licence check to see if the content is still allowed to be viewed.

BT, like many other providers, have to abide by the rules set by the content provider.

In essence, BT have full control on what you are allowed to record, and how long you can keep it.

That does not affect content recorded via FreeView.

Thanks for the explanation @Keith_Beddoe

0 Ratings