cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 14

Re: Vanishing recordings with Yourview box.

The most likely causes of recordings  being deleted are

a factory or maintenance mode reset occurriing on the Youview box 

user  action  (intentional or accidentally) in deleting the  recording or series recording

Auto Delete   .. Being set whereby if your Youview hard drive fills up   old recordings will be deleted

I do not believe recordings from the IP channels have any different deletion rules to the Freeview channel recordings although you will need to have an IP connection and valid subscription to the channel it was originally recorded from to play it back.

0 Ratings
aardvark99
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

90% of the recording space was free,no reset occurred,they just disappeared.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 14

@zulu17 wrote:

The most likely causes of recordings  being deleted are

a factory or maintenance mode reset occurriing on the Youview box 

user  action  (intentional or accidentally) in deleting the  recording or series recording

Auto Delete   .. Being set whereby if your Youview hard drive fills up   old recordings will be deleted

I do not believe recordings from the IP channels have any different deletion rules to the Freeview channel recordings although you will need to have an IP connection and valid subscription to the channel it was originally recorded from to play it back.

I do not believe recordings from the IP channels have any different deletion rules to the Freeview channel recordings

I would tend to agree with you re the strange explanation for IP channel recordings disappearing. That defies all logic and Youview would be the only platform displaying behaviour like that.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 14

Hi @aardvark99,

Forgive me if you've already done this but have you looked for the recordings in 'MyTV' as well as in the Recordings menu?

I'm asking because I recorded 3 episodes of Sherlock yesterday, I watched half of one episode this morning from the Recodings list but when I looked for it this afternoon to finish it, it's no longer there. However, if I highlight 'MyTV' and scroll across the tiles, there it is.

This is my first Youview box and I've had it for just over two months, but so far my impression is that it's awful in terms of reliabilty, to software is so flaky. It hasn't thrown up errors but it's pot luck as to what it will or won't record, will it or won't it show future recordings etc

0 Ratings