cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllgonePeteTong
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Video splitting issue with BT youview smart box connected to Samsung 4k tv

I have this ongoing issue with my BT youview smart box when connected to my Samsung 4k smart TV. If you look at the bottom of the screen it is split. The line will gradually make its way to the top of the TV and sort itself out but it's really annoying. The only way I can get rid of the line is to put the youview box on standby and power it back on, but the video will split again after a few minutes.

I've tried:

Swapping HDMI cables
Swapping HDMI sockets
Resetting the TV
Resetting the BT youview box

I don't have any issues with the other two devices connected to the TV, a PS4 pro and SteamLink box.

I have just posted the issue on YouTube, link below:
https://youtu.be/6BRm6HlFhtw
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Video splitting issue with BT youview smart box connected to Samsung 4k tv

Welcome to this user forum.

Try changing the video output resolution of the BT YouView box. Try 1080i.

AllgonePeteTong
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, I never thought I'd need to change the resolution. I take it this is an ongoing problem since you knew exactly what it was I needed to do.
So my question is, how are BT going to fix it? I never needed to change the resolution on my older LG FHD TV.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@AllgonePeteTong wrote:
Thanks, I never thought I'd need to change the resolution. I take it this is an ongoing problem since you knew exactly what it was I needed to do.
So my question is, how are BT going to fix it? I never needed to change the resolution on my older LG FHD TV.

Its not an issue with the BT YouView box, its simply that the resolution you were using, is not supported by your TV.

What did you have it set to originally, and has changing it to interlaced sorted the problem?

I assume you had it set to 1080p (progressive)?

0 Ratings
AllgonePeteTong
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

It was set to automatic at 1080p. My SteamLink box and PS4 display absolutely fine at 1080p. The BT box displayed fine at 1080p on my older LG TV...
And yes changing it to interlaced has resolved the issue, the point is you shouldn't have to. The two devices are supposedly capable at diplaying 1080 progressive, it seem to only be an issue with the BTTV box though.
0 Ratings