cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 37

Re: Voice search on BT TV coming soon!

Voice Search also rolling out to T2100 & T2200 boxes https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-32-36-0-3-6-154/

According to here https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions/ the rollout to T4000s is complete as stated by @SeanD above.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 37

Works an absolute treat.  Nice feature.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 33 of 37

@ShadyCreekwrote:

Works an absolute treat.  Nice feature.  

I'm not sure that's true.  I have enabled Alexa and whilst she can find programmes such as Corrie or Assenders (which we never watch) when I ask her to move to a different channel she's stumped. 'Hmm! I don't seem to know that one' is her reply.

Now if you want to experience a great voice search experience try Sky Q.  That system will do just about anything on voice, really top notch.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 37

Not meant to change channel though.  The feature was Search, which does work fine. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 35 of 37

Providing you can remember the name of the programme which to be honest I rarely can. It’s so limited in its current form that it’s next to worthless IMO.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 37

Can’t say I disagree with you.  Other than testing the feature, I haven’t used it.  But then this is true of so much automation.  It’s there for the sake of being there.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 37 of 37

Yes.  What about my BT supplied Google Home.  Some bad organisation there.  

0 Ratings