cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 21 of 37

Re: Voice search on BT TV coming soon!

I note this is available now, via a software update, extremely limited a shas been mentioned. 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 22 of 37

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in confirming but Voice search on BT TV is currently being rolled out 😀 

Well spotted @KernowChris 😉 

We’re rolling out voice search through Amazon Alexa on BT TV.  

BT TV customers will be able to download the “BT TV skill” from the Alexa skill store and pair their box with their Amazon Alexa device (e.g. Echo, Echo Dot, etc) to search for content e.g. “Alexa, search for Eastenders”.

At the moment it’s available to our G5 4K boxes and will be rolling out to our other boxes over the next couple of weeks.  Once set up you will see a new “voice control” setting on the box.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 37

@SeanD - Can you confirm this is a staggered roll out (usually are but not seen it stated anywhere this time) as I have a G5 box but this software version is not available to me yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 37

@scointer 

From this page https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/19002787#Comment_19002787 

32.37 doesn't actually switch on voice control, it's a platform configuration that BT are deploying separately but in parallel - I believe they are going to do a broader announcement (than just their forum) once the config has rolled out to most of their box base. As if something was announced broadly now, everyone can find the BT TV skill in the Alexa app, but then some users might not have their boxes enabled yet, meaning they would get stuck pairing, and that is confusion that could be avoided.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 37

@robotman1 - thanks but you will notice that is actually a response to my query and I have also responded to Stephen lower down. It doesn’t actually answer anything about if this release is a staggered roll out or if all G5 boxes should have it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 37

Oops @scointer 

I hadn't actually looked at who had been commenting. I just remembered reading the post late last night 😂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 27 of 37

Hi @scointer, @SeanD is off for a couple of days so I've raised your question with our BT TV team, we'll post back here when they update us.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 37

One of the Bt news releases this week did say

Roll out of the voice control feature to BT TV customers set top boxes starts nationwide from today and runs until mid-December

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 37

Had a software update today on my DTR2100 and voice control has been added along with Sky Sports HD Box Office. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 30 of 37

Hi @scointer,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I got word that the rollout of voice search is being completed on a staggered basis, however, we believe all G5 boxes should have had the update at this point.

For any of you using a G5 that has not yet received the update, sorry about this it should have happened automatically ☹️, please try running a manual update via the settings screen.  If this fails please let me know and I will chase this up with the TV guys.

Cheers

Sean