cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victormildrew
Contributor
622 Views
Message 1 of 14

Volume

Hi.

 

I have just been connected, the sound on my youview box is very quiet i need to have the volume on 25 for comfortable hearing, is this normal for this box, when switching back to tv i have to make sure the sound is lowered.

 thaks

VictorMildrew.

0 Ratings
Reply
13 REPLIES 13
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
614 Views
Message 2 of 14

Re: Volume


@victormildrew wrote:

Hi.

 

I have just been connected, the sound on my youview box is very quiet i need to have the volume on 25 for comfortable hearing, is this normal for this box, when switching back to tv i have to make sure the sound is lowered.

 thaks

VictorMildrew.


The volume on my YV box goes from 0 to 100. I normally have mine set to 55.

 

It also depends what the volume of your TV is also set to.

 

Have you set the YouView remote to control your TV volume?

 

If so see: https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Low-volume-on-tv-after-i-synced-remote-with-TV-Humax-NOT-T...

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
victormildrew
Contributor
607 Views
Message 3 of 14

Re: Volume

Hi Telecom89.

 

Yes i have coded remote to tv, I have a sat box as well, thats why I need to make sure the volume level is down before switching over to the sat box.

Thanks.

VictorMildrew.

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Guru
599 Views
Message 4 of 14

Re: Volume

I generally have the YouView box set at volume 80 to 100, and that seems to match other sources.

0 Ratings
Reply
Highlighted
skappy70
Recognised Expert
549 Views
Message 5 of 14

Re: Volume

Can you change the volume on the G4, I have the remote synced to my TV?
0 Ratings
Reply
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
532 Views
Message 6 of 14

Re: Volume

Certainly can.

 

Just hold down the AD button at the bottom left on the remote & use the volume buttons.

skappy70
Recognised Expert
508 Views
Message 7 of 14

Re: Volume

Doesn't work for me, I get a muted volume symbol with disabled on screen when I try?
0 Ratings
Reply
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
497 Views
Message 8 of 14

Re: Volume


@skappy70 wrote:
Doesn't work for me, I get a muted volume symbol with disabled on screen when I try?

That's strange as I did test my G4 immediately prior to posting my answer.

0 Ratings
Reply
skappy70
Recognised Expert
465 Views
Message 9 of 14

Re: Volume

And it is detailed in the User Guide. I will try a reset of the remote to see if that makes it work.
0 Ratings
Reply
Cameron
Aspiring Expert
451 Views
Message 10 of 14

Re: Volume


@TimCurtis wrote:

Certainly can.

 

Just hold down the AD button at the bottom left on the remote & use the volume buttons.


I recently had my Youview box replaced and had the same problem with the volume. With the manual long lost, after much searching on the net, this is the solution i eventually used to fix this problem.

0 Ratings
Reply