cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Volume

I had a quick look at my G4 last night, and I found that if the settings/TV signal quality/HDMI audio source was set to surround the audio adjustment via the AD/vol control was not available, changing the setting to stereo it became available.

This is probably the reason why some people are not able to adjust the volume, is this a fault or a design feature? 

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 14

Aha well done, that was going to be my next test as resetting my remote last night didn't make a difference.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 13 of 14

@victormildrew wrote:

Hi.

I have just been connected, the sound on my youview box is very quiet i need to have the volume on 25 for comfortable hearing, is this normal for this box, when switching back to tv i have to make sure the sound is lowered.

thaks

VictorMildrew.

Hi @victormildrew,

It sounds like the volume on your YouView box has been set to low.  If the Remote has been programmed to operate the TV it may have first been used to adjust the volume on the YouView box, down.  Increasing this should solve the problem.

As TimCurtis shared in post 6, by pressing and holding the ‘AD’ button on the remote control and pressing the Vol+ Button you can raise the volume of your YouView box.  

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 14

I have to have the volume set on my youview box to the maximum. it is then more or less the same volume on the tv if I switch sky box an youview.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings