cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PB54
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Was anyone aware that the following channels are being lost at midnight?

Go to solution

We are on the old Entertainment package as there is a channel my wife watches that is not on the new SKY based packages.

I only found out over the weekend that we loose these at midnight tonight

327 Sky History - was History
328 Crime & Inv
329 Lifetime
330 Sky History 2 - was History 2
338 VICE

I have recording from these channels which i don't know if I'm going to be able to watch from tomorrow, but i also do not recall getting any warning. No email, nothing on the website or forum, no letters....

I should have known when History etc changed to Sky History .

Having agreed to a new 24 month contract in Jan 21, to i have any right to cancel the contract??

Complaint has been logged...

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Was anyone aware that the following channels are being lost at midnight?

Go to solution

It's been discussed a while now over various threads, more so Here 

When you renewed the contract on January 21st it wouldn't of been for the legacy packages, BT haven't offered discounts since January 2020 as they are being phased out, any new term is for the new TV packages which you can switch to and see Here 

0 Ratings
PB54
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Sorry i missed any discussion on the forum and will read that later. I don't think i should have to rely on the billing forum for updates on my TV package.

With regards to what the contract was when i renewed it in Jan 21, it WAS for the legacy Entertainment Package. This is evidenced by the fact that
a) we still have TLC which is NOT available on the new Sky/NOW TV packages otherwise we would have taken the new package at a lower cost and
b) we do NOT have access to SKY One, Sky Atlantic etc etc...

Further to this we would have noticed that the package had changed as
a) the channels we had access to, would have changed (they haven't) and
b) the closest SKY/NOW TV package is £2.00 cheaper and we continue to pay the old price of £14.50, as detailed above.....

Also if we were no longer on the legacy entertainment package then we wouldn’t be loosing these channels and I would t be here  

Finally we had a long discussion on the phone with BT when we renewed and they advised the only way to keep access to TLC for my wife was to stay on the old legacy package.

So i am sorry but no, the new term is NOT for the new TV packages...

0 Ratings
PB54
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Looking at my BT package in the app it’s gives an end date for the broadband but not for the entertainment plus package.
So does this mean it it out of contract and just continues with no contract? Therefore I should be able to cancel it??
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@PB54wrote:
So does this mean it it out of contract and just continues with no contract? Therefore I should be able to cancel it??

You wouldn't of renewed it in January because it's not possible, so it will be on the term when you last renewed, more than likely you're out of the minimum term for BTTV, so you can give 30 days notice to cease or look at the new packages or alternatively leave it running if you're happy with the changes, it's down to preference.

Your broadband is a separate agreement, which is what you renewed in January for 2 years, the changes to TV don't impact that agreement.

PB54
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Understood. This would make sense and maybe what was agreed. 
I’ll have to see what BT say. 
Was sure it was a new contract but looks like I misunderstood or misremembered. 

Cheers