Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonymc
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Watching BT Sport through iPad Air on TV

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a simple and cheap way to watch BT Sport on the TV via an iPad? Appreciate that I could buy an Apple TV Box (around £80-90) or an Apple Lightning to HDMI connector (around £35), but was wondering if it would be possible somehow to stream wirelessly via our Home Hub or through the Youview Box?

Many thanks.
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Dave93
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Watching BT Sport through iPad Air on TV

I think the BT Sport app is now Chromecast enabled. A Chromecast costs about £30 and plugs into a spare HDMI port on your TV. It connects to your WiFi and you can then display BT sport from the app.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Apple TV can be got for about £64 from amazon. It works really well and is very straightforward to stream from your iphone/ipad to TV. If you set up home sharing on your PC and Apple TV box you can listen to your itunes music/watch purchased movies/TV from PC to TV.

If you have a look on ebay you'll see that the 2nd generation Apple TV boxes sell for much more money than the latest 3rd generation model because the earlier model can be 'jailbroken' (to run a lot more applications than apple supply) but the latest can't. At least not yet.

I know that you could also use chromecast which is much cheaper but it does seem much more temperamental.

0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thanks both of you. Not sure if I want to spend so much on Apple TV, but will look into Chromecast as I assume this can also be used in conjunction with other devices.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dode
Expert
Message 5 of 6

If your TV has HDMI then Apple make a Lightning to HDMI wire link for the usual £25. You'd also need an HDMI cable and to adjust the aspect ratio on the TV but it works fine.

0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thanks - I may bite the bullet and buy the Lightning to HDMI cable as I don't think one of the HDMI Dongles will allow me to watch the games live.
0 Ratings