cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: What do I lose if I cancel TV Essentials?

Go to solution

Thanks.

Re your comment “TVs can only record to a USB stick/HDD & then only from Freeview. You cannot record from apps”… I appreciate I can’t record from apps…but this implies I can’t record Freeview channels to my Youview box from the TV’s EPG. Is that what you’re saying?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

Yes, no setup works like that. You use the EPG on the box to record.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

Ah ok. I understand. I think I’m getting confused because I assumed the EPG on the box would disappear when I cancelled TV Essentials. I presume I will still have access to this, in which case I can record from the EPG on the box. Correct?

apologies for being slow…

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

Unless you're using the IP mode rather than aerial, nothing will change on the box EPG, you just won't be able to access subscription channels.

If you are using IP mode, you'll have to do a maintenance reset (keeping recordings) & set the box up again. In this case you'll lose some HD versions of channels.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

@rbz5416  I’m pretty sure that @illingd won’t be using IP mode as his box is pre 2019 and almost certainly won’t be a BT Pro tv box. Unless I’m mistaken and someone set it to IP mode for him, but I think that’s unlikely.

Just leave your box connected as it is David. The EPG on it will not disappear when you cancel  your subscription and you’ll be able to continue recording the Freeview channels onto your box to your heart’s content.

Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks. Am I able to easily check whether I’m using IP mode or aerial - I’m not sure which I’m using…?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

You’ve got a Youview box haven’t you? How long have you had it for? Does it have Youview on the front anywhere at all?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

BT Youview box from about 2015

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Then as @Brucemeister5 said, it can only be an aerial connection so carry on as normal.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

Ok, great. You can’t get IP mode on that box. Just leave everything as it is. If BT hassle you to send the box back when you cancel, I’m sure that one of the helpful Mods on here will deal with it for you.

0 Ratings