cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

What happened to "This England", the drama about Boris Johnson and the first lockdown?

Go to solution

I was quite interested in this, and trying to record it on my BT TV Box Pro. 

It was postponed from 21 September because of the death of the Queen, fair enough. 

It's in next week's Radio Times as on Sky Atlantic Wednesday 28th September at 9pm, but can I find it in the listings, no I can not! Just endless Game of Thrones. What gives?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: What happened to "This England", the drama about Boris Johnson and the first lockdown?

Go to solution

It's more than likely that Sky haven't updated or sent the updated EPG data to BT with the new schedules on... 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: What happened to "This England", the drama about Boris Johnson and the first lockdown?

Go to solution

There is an article at

https://www.bt.com/tv/drama/this-england-sky-atlantic-release-date-cast-boris-johnson-kenneth-branag...

so you should be able to stream all episodes on 28 September.

No doubt as it is a schedule change the changes will drift thru to the BT TV EPG in due course.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks -- hope it'll sort itself out. I'm going to be furious if I have to watch the first episode on Now/Catch-up because I am slightly hard of hearing with age and closed-caption makes all the difference to my actually following something, and for some reason iPlayer and All4 subtitle their streamed material but Sky doesn't. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Sky Atlantic

Go to solution

Can anyone explain why the Sky Atlantic channel I get through my BT box does not have the same programmes as are shown in the paper TV guide?  For example on Wednesday 28th there is a programme I wanted to watch called THIS ENGLAND but according to my TV guide on BT Game of Thrones is showing?  This only seems to happen with new programmes and the BT online chat were not able to help for some reason!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Re: Sky Atlantic

Go to solution

It was delayed due to the Queens passing, it's scheduled for the 28th September now.
See the BT update at This England: When is Sky Atlantic’s Boris Johnson series released? 

The EPG should update soon to reflect the change of schedule.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

That article  states it was updated on 12 September giving the revised  broadcast date of 28 September.

So BT , Sky etc presumably were aware of the programme being on 28 September then.

We are now at 25 September and the EPG guide does not show the programme.

The issue was raised on the community last week and yet the schedule still remains inaccurate.

Someone really ought to audit the process and ensure an improvement.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for highlighting this, I've emailed the BT TV team to bring this to their attention. 

Neil

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
It took until now (Monday morning) for it to propagate through the listings, which is slightly annoying (to someone hard-of-hearing and slightly autistic who finds anything without closed-caption very hard to follow). I tend to find that if I have closed-caption I can follow both scene-setting (eg: BIRDSONG or a song someone's listening to in the background) and important background noises I might otherwise miss: (eg: DISTANT GUNSHOT), and, given all that, I can usually hear the actual words even when they're slightly different from the précis in the closed-caption. Due to the current fashion for both naturalism (scilicet: mumbling) and background music, I find non-subtitled shows (like anything catch-up on Sky) almost impossible to follow. I wish Sky would use some of its high subscription charges to benefit the curious-minded elderly who don't find it particularly easy to follow things without help.
0 Ratings