cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: What option delivers PVR that can record Now TV?

right ok, so you would agree if I buy the box from a reseller like Amazon I ought to be able to set it up with broadband and achieve my desired goal of recording scheduled Now TV Sports content?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

As stated in post 2 I think you will need to sign up with BT for a Broadband and TV package including Now TV and use the box they loan you in order to achieve what you want to do.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

@derekscarborough 

As stated I've already got BT broadband

The box is clearly for sale through other means & I just wanted to know if I could use it and my existing subscription for what I want to achieve

otherwise I'd just order it from BT

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

To be able to record NowTV channels using a YouView box, that box would need to be supplied by BT who would make the NowTV channels available on the box's EPG so that they can be recorded.  You can also use the same NowTV sub to watch on another TV using the NowTV app.

You might think that buying a BT branded humax retail YouView box will work, but I do not believe this to be the case; the box needs to be supplied by BT to be loaded onto their system to allow recording of the NowTV channels from the box's EPG.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

I used to have a box I bought off amazon and it worked fine to record the now tv channels. However that was because I was subscribed to BT TV in addition to BT broadband. You can't record now tv if you're paying now directly, only if you get it through BT.

Message 16 of 17

Thanks for the clarification!  Do you know if your box was formerly a BT-supplied box or a BT-branded retail box?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

It was this one, I used it just for freeview and apps at first, then later added BT tv

BT Youview+ Set Top Box with Twin HD Freeview and 7 Day Catch Up TV, No Subscription

0 Ratings