cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

When Box paused shows wrong information

Bit of an odd one this so hope someone understands what i mean. I have DTR2100 and of late occasionally wont connect to tv when first switched on , i have had to do several reboots ocasionally loss of sound and the latest problem which is happening daily is; "say we pause itv the Chase then watch news then Emmerdale [exciting i know!] if we then pause it shows on the bottom of the screen THE CHASE TIME 4.59 / 5.59 !!!"  Last night my Wife said she could not rewind [Emmerdale] , even if we catch up to present live time it still shows THE CHASE .

Not sure if it does on other channels will try later if i can seems most odd . Any ideas? we are on 29/27/0 . Just tried pausing live tv itv SAVE MONEY GOOD FOOD and it again shows THE CHASE! the only way to get out of the loop is to change channel.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: When Box paused shows wrong information

Hi @MitoMan and thanks for posting.

This does sound very strange. Can you try on some other channels and let me know if there are similar problems?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
philbaldry
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I was having a strange problem with Fast Forward/Rewind not working after latest software release(29.36.0) trying turning the power off and leaving a few minutes before switching back on. It worked for me.

Highlighted
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

Cheers David Will try other channels today.
0 Ratings
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Hi OK will try that later, i have turned box off with switch at rear, will pull the plug later. I am sure my box has not got the latest update yet.

0 Ratings
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

OK this is very confusing ! does not seem to affect BBC but still doing on ITV  will try other channels later. My Wife is watching Coronation Street on REAL TIME, if we rewind it only goes so far back and at bottom of screen it shows THE CHASE 4.59 / 5.59.

Paused BBC earlier on and ff / rw stop no problems.

I don't think i am on latest update, not sure what to do? should i do a full reboot and lose recordings? If it's the box playing up then i don't mind waiting for a bit as we are supposed to be getting a speed upgrade this Month? so would then consider a 4 k box depending on price.

Sorry if i sound a bit vague just find it very confusing.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 7 of 11

I'm not sure I undertand what your problem is to be honest. You can click on previous programmes in the guide to go back to the online player version, a great feature that generally works pretty well for me, although you can't skip ads on ITV

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

OK bit of an update on this very odd problem. I did a full re boot on my BT Youview box which lost all my recordings, problem still the same.

Its a bit confusing and difficult to explain so will try again; say we watch the News ITV at 6pm , say i pause the News for a few minutes  and then carry on watching all ok. Later on still on ITV watching something at 8pm and realize we are still behind LIVE TV as we paused earlier on, press the stop button or ff to get back to LIVE TV , problem now starts.

If we now use pause again the info bar at bottom of screen shows the following information;  TIME 6.40pm NO INFORMATION TIME  8.45 PM . Does not list the programme we are on , will not rewind at full speed , and again if we press ff VERY VERY SLOW or Stop button it then shows the present tv show but as soon as you rewind it shows the same info on bottom of screen as it did when we paused the News  earlier on!

Tv is mainly on itv so not sure if it does it on BBC etc. Very annoying and also ff very very slow. Hope someone understands .

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

Have you tried simply changing channels then going back to ITV?

BTW there is an option to reset your Youview box without losing all your existing recordings - details should be found on here or elsewhere by a simple search.
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

I know its confusing! It only does this on ITV? Lets say the box has been on since 4pm on ITV and is still on same channel at 7.30 pm even if we are in live time [not behind] and press pause the banner at bottom of screen it shows the programme we   were watching   earlier on. [as if we were behind real time], or it will say no information for the present programme and the time will be anything from 4.59pm to 5.59pm! 

So if we pause tv again at say 7.45pm it shows all the above i have mentioned and then it's difficult to rewind or fast forward, sometimes its very very slow and again will show information on bottom of screen as for example; THE CHASE 4.59 5.59 instead of Coronation st 7.30 to 8 pm. This will stay like this until we either turn over or switch off. 

Any ideas?

0 Ratings