cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rothdude
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

When will a new BT TV box be available

I have the current uhd/4k youview box, I have issues with it freezing sometimes (needs turning off the power and turning back on again).

The channel changing is sluggish always has been, and sometimes the sound does not sync so have to go back on the channel again.

A friend of mine has the same box and has the same issues, when will BT change to a new model of tv box, I am hoping soon, any feedback will be welcome

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
jparnell82
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: When will a new BT TV box be available

Good question. There have been rumours of a new box for ages. November 2019 is when I think I first read an article about it.

I'm also keen to know. Hopefully it will come with some new features to bring it up to par with Sky Q

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

I'm afraid you're never going to find out or it's released, things like this are under embargos until release as you don't want your competitors knowing what's coming

Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

This article is getting on a bit now but it might give some idea of what to expect

By comparison we expect the new “Wi-Fi Recordable TV box” (this is allegedly how BT refers to it as internally) to come with WiFi, HDR and Dolby Atmos sound, among other things. But so far the operator hasn’t made any solid announcements to officially confirm this.

However, BT’s consumer division recently issued a new business briefing, which among other things appears to depict a “wireless” TV STB alongside a list of various other “future” features for a “converged viewing experience“.

Ref: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/11/bt-uk-hints-at-plan-to-launch-a-new-wifi-equipped-tv-b...

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
Paul608085
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

There was some speculation  on another forum a while ago that something about this was due to be announced in May 2021. However this is obviously just speculation, for the reason given above .

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 6 of 7

I heard over on the Youview community forums that the new BT box may not be a Humax made box.

BT have also seemed to have slowly dropped the Youview branding.

I dont have the 4k/UHD box. I have the T2100 and T2110. Both boxes are now well over 2 years old.

Bet when any new BT box comes out to get one BT will want you to take out a new BT TV/Now contract.

Darren

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

I have heard Sagemcom mentioned elsewhere as manufacturers of the new box. Again, I assume that this is speculation.

0 Ratings