cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D-pez
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Why can’t I record programmes on my YouView+ box now I’ve given up BT-TV?

Go to solution
They certainly shouldn’t mislead but I’m not entirely sure BT expect you to be able to get old Freeview recordings back after cancelling BT-TV
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

@D-pez wrote:
They certainly shouldn’t mislead but I’m not entirely sure BT expect you to be able to get old Freeview recordings back after cancelling BT-TV

There is no reason why you should`t, as they are stored on the box and do not require authentication with the BT servers, unlike BT supplied content.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution
Isn't the question more why the Freeview recordings "disappeared" in the first place?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@gomezz wrote:
Isn't the question more why the Freeview recordings "disappeared" in the first place?

They were most likely still on the hard disk, but they were not indexed, so you could not select them. If the NewGen software has now been installed, then that must have regenerated the index.

If the recordings are shown as clips and not as a list, then that means the software has been updated.

0 Ratings
D-pez
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution
Definitely always been on the disc - as thumbnails as they always have been. And they play OK. Puzzled as the why BT told me we’d lose them (and how they’d do that) but they certainly disappeared for a few days and then reappeared. I’m happy!
0 Ratings