cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Why can't the BT YouView box have a way of ensuring that the ends of programmes are recorded.

Some channels seem very poor at setting the start and stop time for programmes, especially when they are running late, so I quite frequently find that the end of a programme will not have been recorded.

I have had several PVRs and all have had a way of either editing the times to record a programme so I set to start recording early or continue a bit after the scheduled time.  Others can be set to always start x minutes early and always finish x minutes after the end of a programme. 

It is the end of the programme that is most important and needs a way of ensuring it is not missed.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why can't the BT YouView box have a way of ensuring that the ends of programmes are recorded.

It is because Youview are pigheadedly stubborn in refusing to acknowledge the need for this putting the blame and responsibility for this solely on the shoulders of the broadcasters despite people banging on about it since the first boxes were put in the hands of the triallists.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Re: Why can't the BT YouView box have a way of ensuring that the ends of programmes are recorded.

Well the channels that normally work well with the Accurate Recording method that Youview relies upon include those from the BBC , ITV , Channel 4 and (more recently after improvements)  Channel 5.

Now BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva are i believe equal shareholders in Youview.

So I can see why if a majority of the Youview shareholders have a system that is working for their channels they may not seekto change it.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 4 of 6

I agree for now and I get the endings of programmes cut off from the likes of Alibi or CBS Action. I can vary from
10 seconds cut off to the last 15 seconds court off. Emailing Alibi about it to see if it was at there end was of little email but at last they replied to my email with in 12 hours.

Darren

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

The BT Sport channels don't use Accurate Recording .. at least they don't on the evidence of all the MotoGP recordings I have made over the past few years.  They can't even get the EPG right as the FP1 entry consistently starts five minutes after the actual coverage starts.

0 Ratings
patelc7
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

@JMB - what channels do you have most of your issues with?

0 Ratings