cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Why do BTTV want me to get NOW TV via them?

Go to solution

I don't want to get NOW TV from them.

We currently have NOW TV direct from NOW and can view movies, entertainment and sport from it on our main TV, on 2 laptops and the bedroom TV. If we get it from BT, I presume we will only be able to view it via our BT TV box ... ie on the main TV only.  Why would we want to do that?

They're taking away some of the channels we currently have and want me to change to a NOW TV Entertainment pages ... I DONT WANT TO!!!!!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why do BTTV want me to get NOW TV via them?

Go to solution

If you subscribe to NOW tv via BT it makes them available on the BTtv box to record with the 7 day guide.

You can still access them on all the devices you currently do.

@TractorGirlwrote:

I don't want to get NOW TV from them.

We currently have NOW TV direct from NOW and can view movies, entertainment and sport from it on our main TV, on 2 laptops and the bedroom TV. If we get it from BT, I presume we will only be able to view it via our BT TV box ... ie on the main TV only.  Why would we want to do that?

They're taking away some of the channels we currently have and want me to change to a NOW TV Entertainment pages ... I DONT WANT TO!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The NowTV subscription you can get from BT is a completely normal NowTV subscription - you can use it on any of the devices you currently use, using the normal NowTV app.

The added extra of subscribing via BT is, as ozsat points out, that you *also* get access to these channels via your BT TV box on the guide... which allows you to pause and record them.

So you wouldn't require two separate subscriptions anymore - just the one via BT. Better yet - you are able to link your existing NowTV account to the BT subscription so that you don't even have to change the login on your other devices.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

You can still use the NowTV app, that access isn't taken away from you

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

That's good to know, everyone, thank you for taking the time to reply.

When they first merged with NOW I asked the same question and even BT themselves were unable to tell me for sure whether I'd be able to use my NOW TV on other devices!

Now (excuse the pun!) that you've assured me that I can, I'll take a look at the new packages.

Thank you again. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry, one more question. We currently pay extra to NOW TV to get the HD channels.  Will this remain the same.  My husband won't be happy if his sport isn't in HD anymore!!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Unless you take the VIP package, you'll need to order the HD Boost add on. 

0 Ratings