cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Why is BTTV so out of date ?

I snapped up BT Entertainment and Netlfix when it was £6 a  month for existing broadband customers.

I do think YouTube is long overdue however if you have a smart TV YouTube is usually an app on it.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

I use a not so smart TV and a Chromecast dongle for Youtube and such like controlled from my phone or tablet.

Streaming services come and go or their apps on dedicated devices go out of date or stop being supported.  Not a problem doing it my way not to mention the user interface on the phone app is a lot easier and quicker to use than faffing around with a TV remote control entering a search letter by letter picking it off and on-screen keyboard for example.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

It’s each to their own and I could use my smart TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, Fire Stick, Mini PC, Games Console and Raspberry Pi to view YouTube on the big screen and agree that casting You Tube as some benefits.

The question though is why is BTTV so out of date. The PRO box as potential, it’s fast and capable and with a new MultiRoom box on the horizon BTTV could be so much more.

I am sure I asked the question about YouTube years ago to BT and their response was that most smart TVs have YouTube built in. The argument then is if Smart TVs have all the apps available and just use them on the TV then why does BTTV have any apps at all.

I think it’s just laziness, not pushing to try and get exclusive deals before Sky gets its dirty mitts all over it and etc.. Some people underestimate how nice it is to have one remote for one system where you have access to all the apps you need e.g Sky Q.

When I originally posted that do BT even care about their TV box I believe they need  a massive overhaul, from their staff to their equipment. I mean there’s no Apple TV, Paramount Plus, Discovery Plus, Disney and all the other budget options.

Who cares about we have massive plans for the future that may never materialise for BTTV the same will happen again. By the time it gets a good upgrade we will probably be using driverless cars, living in a virtual world and maybe just maybe BT will launch find your remote.

P.S I do like BT and it’s because I care.

Many Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

I use Youtube via my Amazon Firesticks. As both my Samsung full HD smart TVs no longer support the Youtube app. As TV in Living room is from 2014 and TV in my bedroom is from 2013.

Love the Amazon Firesticks as the have nearly all the apps and its gets software updates at lest one or twice a month.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

I'm back with Sky, I so wanted BT to work but heh ho. Until such time as BT can get the basics right like HD content then it's a non starter for me.

Sky with its limitations and bugs is quite slick and the availability of content in HD is second to none.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

I love this place at times. On another thread recently tv boxes plus the sky model etc were on the way out yet now BT are falling behind.....

0 Ratings