cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Will BT Youview box fuctions stop after cancellation?

Go to solution

Hi

I do know that this question has been asked before but I couldn't see the subject covered in recent posts. I am sticking with BT but have just cancelled my subscription to BT TV as I really don't use the channels that come with the package.

I was under the understanding that the box would allow me to pause, rewind and recond TV and that I could access my other TV providers such as Netflix and Amazon through the box but they guy just said that as soon as my subscription is cancelled they lock the box and none of this will be avaialble!

Surely this isn't correct is it!??

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Will BT Youview box fuctions stop after cancellation?

Go to solution
You can continue to use it as a normal Freeview PVR and view and record all FTA terrestrial channels. You should also be able to still use the free catch up services such as BBC iPlayer.

Netflix and Amazon is another kettle of fish. Do you subscribe to those as add-ons to your BT subscription? That said, I used the free Amazon trial over Christmas without making it part of my BT subscription so I guess that will be fine. Netflix I have no idea about.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I subscribe to Netflix and Amazon separately so i'm guessing that still won't be an issue???

It does annoy me that the guy I spoke to suggests the box will be useless if I cancel - really BT come on!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you cease BT TV subscription the non BT players that are available from the Youview Apps section will remain and you would need to ensure that your subscription to those players was setup with them directly.

That I believe is the situation at the time of posting and of course would applied to owned BT TV boxes.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
That makes sense - i'm hoping that's the case! If not then i'll have to go back to using my Apple TV box
0 Ratings