cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WMC123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Wrong area 'Local TV' Coverage

Not sure whether this should be under Vision or You View ?

I switched to BT about a month ago. Ever since then I do not pick up my local TV news, but pick up coverage from 150-200 miles away in another region.

All channels are tuned and clear, no problems there, it's just LOCAL TV news/weather which is the issue.

Have retuned box a number of time, selected correct region - no difference !! Any ideas please, BT 'India' have not been very helpful.

It's like the box is taking a signal from the wrong TV transmitter in another region.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: Wrong area 'Local TV' Coverage

You need to look up which part of the spectrum the channels you want are on ie 22-35 or 35 upwards.
Once you know that remove the aerial and scan for channels this clean everything out.
If the region you want us the former start a scan and remove the aerial when it is about halfway through the scanning prices and reinsert at the end of the scan
If the latter half then don't insert the aerial till it is about halfway through the scan.
I can't promise this will work but it is the only solution I can think of .....,

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 13

WMC123 --  is it both BBC & ITV that you have the wrong area coverage -- and are you watching on HD (channels 101 & 103) or SD (1 &3) ?

Do you get the same (wrong) local TV on ITV on channel 3 as on channel 103 ?  (ITV HD has fewer regional variations than their SD channels so they transmit  wrong area local TV in HD in some areas)

0 Ratings
WMC123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Thanks for both replies chaps. I need to dig/watch a little further. I have removed the aerial and retuned....now awaiting local new to see what happens.

I tend to watch it on HD 103, but haven't switched to 3/BBC whilst the news is on so I need to check that out.
0 Ratings
WMC123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Have just watched the Local news on SD/HD

ITV SD 3 - Correct Local news
ITV HD 103 - Incorrect area coverage
BBC SD 1 - Correct local News
BBC HD 101 - Local news not available on this channel

so it looks as if it's just an HD issue on 103 which is picking up a transmitter ? from elsewhere.

Is that a BT issue which they or even I can rectify ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 13

No it will be picking up what ITV transmit - it is simply due to ITV not providing HD transmissions for each of it regions separately so the following shares occur on ITV HD -

Granada/Border

Meridian/Anglia 

Wales/West

Yorkshire/Tyne Tees

so in the case of the shared regions ITV will transmit local programmes related to only one of the sharers.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 13

I'm living in Cornwall and we get the Midlands local news on HD 103, so I guess it all depends whether your local ITV region has the equipment to broadcast in HD.

0 Ratings
WMC123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Ok, so it looks as if I'll just have to switch to the SD channel If I want to watch the local news programmes. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

BTW I'm in the Merridian region, central south, but am getting Meridian South east which seems to cover East Sussex, Kent and Essex only.

Thanks for the replies guys.

0 Ratings
wigglr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

There were rumours on the internet a while ago that there would be HD version of local BBC1 within the next year or so

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 13

No problem here as we get STV HD and BBC 1 HD Scotland.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings