cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Wrong stream recorded

I've switched to the new Now TV package and am mostly happy, but three times the box has recorded the wrong stream, on each occasion it was the first episode of a new series link. Instead of episode one of Banshee I got Oz, an episode of Blue Bloods got me a nature documentary, and Westworld got me football discussion. 

The thumbnails in the Mytv screen showed the programmes I'd set to record, I checked the schedules both on the bt app and on sky's epg, and there were no schedule changes.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wrong stream recorded

Happened again yesterday. Programme set to record at 1 pm on sky Atlantic. Thumbnail in MYTV shows correct episode of Blue bloods has been recorded, but when I go to watch it I get a David Attenborough documentary instead.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Hi @w2pixel 

can you check the time of the recording you have .. you mention 1pm on Sky Atlantic  yesterday 

looking on the Youview EPG it lists Blue Blood as being on from  noon on Sky Atlantic, 1pm was CSI

looking at BT TV  guide the scheduled programme on from noon  on Sky Atlantic is David Attenborough at 90  with CSI at 1pm.

So it looks to me that the Youview EPG data was incorrect 

0 Ratings
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Oops, I did type the wrong time. It was noon on Atlantic, set from the EPG. So it could just be an EPG error. Kind of annoying, but at least one of the earlier wrong recordings wasn't down to the EPG as I'd watched the first half of the programme live, (episode one of Banshee) then when I went to watch the recording of the remainder it had a different show.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

If it's any help, the NowTV app is available from the Apps section of your BT box and you can access VOD from there. It might be worth checking if that includes catchup.

0 Ratings
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thanks, the catchup and boxsets are useful, unfortunately a lot of what I'm recording are older shows and they don't go on the catchup, and don't always have box sets available.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

@w2pixel  Thanks for confirming the time. I suspect that Sky originally intended to broadcast the Blue bloods episode and then replaced it with the Attenborough at 90 documentary . From looking at the guide for next week currently there is a likely further error in the EPG for 1pm on 29th April on Sky Atlantic where  a CSI episode looks like it has been replaced by the same Attenborough documentary. .. ie the Youview EPG is different to the BT TV guide AND the Sky web TV guide.

the earlier issues that you posted about (3rd April) , do you still have the recordings and which channel/date/time they  were made ?

0 Ratings
w2pixel
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Sorry I don't still have the recordings, the ones I was sure of was episode one of Banshee, and the late night repeat of episode one of Westworld, as I'd set them as series record and it was only the first episodes that messed up. 

0 Ratings