Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ModeheadDM
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

XBOX One X and interference

I'm really hoping someone can help!

Bought my son an Xbox 1 X for Xmas. Currently using an Xbox 1.

Plugged everything in, copied games over etc, all good. 

As soon as I power on the XB1X, the signal on my BTTV 4K box disappears and I get a VERY distorted image and sound. 

Power off the XB1X and all returns to normal.

Ive tried every HDMI lead I have in every port on the TV, tried feeding the BTTV box thru the XB1X, tried moving the XB1X away from the TV and BT box....basically tried everything and nothing works. 

I'm absolutely beside myself with the stress of having everything working well, but just cant seem to manage it. 

I saw mention somewhere else of using an adjustable signal attenuator on the BT box (I have 100% signal quality and strength) to drop the signal coming into the box? Would that work? Where would I install the attenuator?

HELP!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
ModeheadDM
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xbox One causes Picture breakup

Where di you get the attenuator from, and which one please?

0 Ratings
ModeheadDM
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Tried a few things tonight. No joy still. BTTV working lovely when Xbox off, as soon as power is fed to Xbox, the signal strength for 'freeview' channels eg 1,2,3,4,5,6 is 100%, while the signal quality drops to approx 30%
The signal quality and strength completely drop to 0% for HD versions of same channel 101,102,103 etc.
I'm flummoxed!

Please help

0 Ratings
DonCaboose
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

There are hundreds of the attenuators on eBay. Mine cost £4. Just search for signal attenuators.

Hopefully it solves your problem as it did for me.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@ModeheadDM wrote:

Where di you get the attenuator from, and which one please?

If you search sites like Amazon, for LOOPS Aerial Coaxial Cable Variable Attenuator,  or Philex Variable TV Signal Attenuator

See Picture breakup or missing FreeView channels

It may help,  if the interference from the Xbox is preventing the YouView box decoding the FreeView signal.

If its affecting the extra channels like BT Sport, then its not a signal level issue, so an attenuator will not help.

How is the Xbox connected to the home hub?

Why is this a problem anyway, as you can only use the TV to do one thing? Either watch TV or use the Xbox.

0 Ratings
ModeheadDM
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Generally something is recording in the evening when the Xbox is on. Strangely, this morning, I have plugged in the old BT (non-4K) box and it works perfectly....strange.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Is this a FreeView recording you are making?

If it is, then it may be worth reducing the signal level, if the YouView box is having issues decoding the signal due to it being near the top range of the signal, then any interference from the Xbox, could be sufficient to cause it to fail.

0 Ratings
ModeheadDM
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

On Freeview channels the picture breaks up badly. Subscription HD channels I lost signal completely. Strangely this morning I swapped out the 4k box for my older HD box and there was no problem whatsoever. Any ideas?
0 Ratings