cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucy1964
Message 1 of 10

YMV302 Error Message - Signal is Fine

Hi, I’ve recently got a BT box but I’m having trouble with the above error message appearing every few seconds. I wouldn’t mind, but the signal is fine! No pixelating or anything. I cannot find any option to turn off the error message. Please help!
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: YMV302 Error Message - Signal is Fine

Welcome to this user forum.

First try restarting the BT YouView box, as that can help.

What signal level and signal quality is the box showing?

0 Ratings
Lucy1964
Message 3 of 10

I’ve tried resetting and retuning. The signal is showing anywhere between 88-90%.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

@Lucy1964 wrote:
I’ve tried resetting and retuning. The signal is showing anywhere between 88-90%.

What is the signal quality showing, as that is more important?

0 Ratings
Lucy1964
Message 5 of 10

Signal quality is not good, between 15-21%. But the picture quality is perfect!
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

So you've got about 90% signal strength which is maybe a little low as 95% would be better.

And about 20% signal quality which is terrible.

Have you tuned into the correct transmitter/region?

Do you know how far you're from the main transmitter? If you're very close it could be that the signal is too strong and you need to do something about weakening it, as the Youview's tuner can't well handle really strong signals.

0 Ratings
Lucy1964
Message 7 of 10

I had 3 regions to choose from and with the other 2 I got barely any channels. I don’t get very good signal in my area so I have to have a booster. So I bought an attenuator as the signal was even worse without it!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

You could try adjusting the attenuator to drop the signal level slightly, to see if it improves the quality. It may not help, as I think you have a poor quality signal entering the booster.

The problem is that signal boosters do not normally improve the quality, as they introduce a small amount of noise.

It may be that you need to improve your outside aerial to get a better signal from the transmitter. A good aerial company should be able to do this properly, as they have signal level meters.

0 Ratings
Lucy1964
Message 9 of 10

Okay thanks for your help, is there anyway to simply turn the message off in the mean time?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

@Lucy1964 wrote:
Okay thanks for your help, is there anyway to simply turn the message off in the mean time?

You may be able to get rid of it by slightly adjusting the signal level on the attenuator, or there may be a gain adjustment on the booster itself.