Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JayW
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

YOUVIEW InfraRed Codes

Go to solution

Received my HUMAX BT YouView receiver today. I had no problems setting up.

HOWEVER I also have a HUMAX Freesat Box. It appears that the InfraRed Codes for the On/Off button are identical, and appears that there are some others (not checked them all).  Obviously this means that when I switch either ON or OFF, the other also switches ON or OFF.

Is this a known problem and does anyone know if it can be changed. It is obviously not suitable as it is.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: YOUVIEW InfraRed Codes

Go to solution

http://www.youview.com/support/kb/how-do-i-stop-my-other-humax-devices-responding-to-my-youview-remo...

If you have another Humax device near your YouView box, your YouView remote control may affect these devices. To prevent this from happening, follow the steps below: 

1. Switch OFF the power to your Humax YouView box
  2. Power ON your Humax Freeview / Freesat box
  3. Using your Humax Freeview / Freesat remote control press number "0" and "OK" at the same time for 10 seconds
  4. When the PVR light at the top of the remote control stays lit, a message will also appear on your TV screen about changing the remote control code
  5. Press "2" to change the remote control code
  6. Your remotes will now control the correct box.

( I think some  Humax  Freeesat/Freeview  box actually support  6 remote control codes ... the default is 1 , so selecting any number to reset it to from 2 -6 will probably have the desired effect)

0 Ratings