Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhumbas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

YOUVIEW REMOTE

Simple issue 

Recieved my new youview box .. all installed .. however i need to reset the remote as it does not work ... Ive been around the forums and all I can find is something about using the PVR and TV buttons .. my remote does not have these buttons .. remote is ok as the blue light comes on fine alos changed the Batts ,.. nothing ... this is the new remote with purple BTVISION / ON-DEMAND buttons

so if someone knows it would be great ...

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: YOUVIEW REMOTE

Try resetting your remote control - simply press and hold the TV button and Red coloured button on your remote at the same time for 5 seconds. You will see the TV and PVR buttons flash red 3 times. Your YouView remote will now be reset. - See more at: http://www.youview.com/support/kb/my-remote-isnt-working-properly#sthash.RV3C9KaH.dpuf

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
rhumbas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Stuart . are you a forum mod .. please read the original message !!!!!!! there is no TV button ..
0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

0 Ratings
rhumbas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

thanks red .. however I think the nut who answerd that message will be sitting laughing .. 2 reasons the remote has no buttons marked *&# .. .. i would expect someone at BT to know how BT equipment works ... .. so come technos 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Press AD and SUB and POWER buttons simultaneously until the blue light flashes.

That will reset the remote to factory default.

Not my words just in case it doesn't work. Smiley LOL

From this post, 

http://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Just-received-my-New-Youview-BT-box-but-where-s-BT-Vision...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

... and here shows how to program it with a TV code.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42493

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Rhumbas
I am not a forum mod I am an ordinary forum user lime yourself - I have never seen the remote in question I simply did a search for you and posted you what I hoped might be helpful answer. So your comments are neither accurate or relevant

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
papagray
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

hi same here did a reprogramme of the remote (BT youview) latest remote control. its more than likely the software as you can get an imm response off the buttons on the box, have done all checks tv  is not causing problems other units working fine. did a check with the tv off nice strong blue light oin remote (batteries changed) all checks as per BT site. still does not work i wave it like a demented nutter infront of the box it eventually moves but gave up. typical of BT Visions attitude to customers this problem has been highlighted for a few years, and still not fixed a poor customer services typical BT head in Hole only a few work for the betterment of comapny see my other post re selection of movies.

0 Ratings