cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandy4
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

YOu View box still doesn't stream internet channels properly

After numerous complaints, BT finally sent an engineer out who replaced our old You View box, tested the wifi speed and got everything working.  It was fine for a week but now we are back with the same problem.  

Internet channels load intermittently, but then pixelate or do not work at all.  I have asked about cancelling our contract and going with another provider but we cannot move for another year!

The modem is in another room and the box runs off powerline adapters - which have also been replaced and I am told are the latest and fastest.  I have lost count of the number of times I have restarted the Internet, retuned the channels etc etc ...

Would it work better if it was plugged in directly to the modem?  We cannot test this as the phone line is on the hall, as is the modem. 

I am not particularly technically savvy so would appreciate any help ( in laymen's terms) the community can give

Thank you in advance

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
NeilO
Message 2 of 3

Re: YOu View box still doesn't stream internet channels properly

@Mandy4 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT TV internet channels.  If you broadband speed is good then it would be best trying with a direct connection to the hub using ethernet as this would help rule out the powerline adapters and the electrical wiring being the problem.

Did you get a 10m ethernet cable with your Youview box?

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: YOu View box still doesn't stream internet channels properly

You could rule out a problem with the internet by say watching iPlayer in a web browser. So long long as it switches to full quality this is a comparable speed to the BT channels.  It's easy to fit  the cable it just plugs in, you should have one in the box

0 Ratings