cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmy_m1
Message 1 of 7

YVM104

I have this and have tried everything to get  my On Demand service back. - Reset, manual connection, unplugging etc etc. I can't even get anythig back just temporarily! Could the problem be at Youview/BT's end? Or do I need a replacement box? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: YVM104

Hi Jimmy_m1

Welcome to the community.

If you are still having problems send me an email using the contact us link in my profile.

You can find this link in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jimmy_m1
Message 3 of 7

Thank you StuartH for your initial swift response. It is a shame about the lack of subsequent communication from the "Level 2" team. I expect they are all in the pub now. Not happy about the "Customer service" from BT. Not happy at all. Please see my incident ref for info, if you are not pubbing too of course. No point in repeating it all on here.

0 Ratings
Travelstar
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I'm having exactly the same issues today.

Dreaded YVM104 message. Nothing seems to solve it. No problems with any of my other services.

0 Ratings
jimmy_m1
Message 5 of 7

Travelstar; Have alook at the YouView website's forum. It has very knowledgeable users. Your box almost cerainly needs to be replaced - but go through the motions of checking the router, resetting etc anyway. But most importantly get on to BT. Unfortunately BT is one of those companies you have to keep badgering for them to do anything. I reported this on Sunday. Only this PM are they trying to arrange an engineer visit. Gawd knows when that will be!

0 Ratings
jimmy_m1
Message 6 of 7

Well. I had to wait for a Saturday to becomne available for an engineer visit - That was last saturday 12th Jan. Noone tuned up! No explanation, nothing. I phoned BT who though very nice & understanding could offer no explanation for the failed appointment. Now I am having to take Monday 21st off to get this resolved. I wonder what if anything BT wiill do if no engineer turns up again! its pretty obvious I just need a new box, so please BT, liaise with Humax & YouView - Get it sorted or I go elsewhere, Sky looks like a good offering. I have never experienced such poor customer service - Talktalk were pretty lousy but this is dreadful. Companies these days should at least get the basics right. Needless to say I have told all my friends, colleagues, Facebook etc about this. It would be a great product if it wasn't for BT messing up the "customer experience".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I've got an engineer coming Friday for the same reason. I hope he turns up. I'm working from home that day anyway but I'd still like a working you view box !!.
0 Ratings