cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

YVM607 and CAT6/HDMI Convertor

Hi All 

Need your help!

We have our BT 4k you view box,BT  router , Sonos amps etc all located in a cupboard. I then ran a CAT6 cable over the attic and down to the back of the TV and used these to (ideally) convert that to HDMI to plug into the TV

HDMI Extender,HDMI to RJ45 Network Cable Extender Converter Repeater Over Cat 5e / 6 1080p up to 30m Extender Included Transmitter & Receiver for HDTV PS4 STB DVD 4K 2K (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/fkJyn3U

However, I'm getting the YVM607 You can't watch this programme on your TV as content protection could not be enabled error.

I've googled a bit and checked the obvious things/did the restarts etc.n

Ayone got any ideas to help get this working?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: YVM607 and CAT6/HDMI Convertor

The HDMI ethernet extender with 2.5Gpbs signal transmission speed, technology speaking can reach to 4k. Perfect support 1080P, but this section DOES NOT support HDCP. Support hot swapping. Plug and play

I copied this from the advert. It states that it doesn't support HDCP which is the copy protection built into HDMI connections. This is most likely blocking the recirculation of the HD signal from your BT TV box.

Message 3 of 4

Yup that will be the reason. Good spot and thanks.

What's weird is even the BT 4k sport doesn't work. I was under the impression these channels were delivered over my wired Ethernet but somehow the internet works fine but not bt ultimate/4k sport....

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

It'll be the copy protection kicking in again I'd imagine 

0 Ratings