cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidC
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

YVM607 error messages help please

Just started today. When I try to watch extra channels or on demand stuff I get YVM607 errors. I have tried switching everything off and restarting it as instructed by the support pages but it is still the same. 

Searches have found some causes but none that seem to be the same as mine.

Anby suggestions please?

Thanks

DavidC

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: YVM607 error messages help please

Hi have you tried this?

Stew

0 Ratings
DavidC
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Yes, that's the support page that I was referring to.
0 Ratings
ubysam
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

what make/model of tv do you have and also have you received the new software?

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/New-software-update-20-9-0/td-p/1397141
0 Ratings
DavidC
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

The TV is an LG-42LM3400 and the software updated last night (I know - that was my first thought! but I can't see any other references to this problem)
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 15

Is the Youview Box connected directly to the Hub orare you using Powerline adapters?

Stew

0 Ratings
DavidC
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Direct connection.
0 Ratings
ubysam
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Yeah, let us know the answer to the above as well.

However, 607 means the youview box and the tv arent talking to each other properly via hdmi - the youview box then thinks something dodgy's going on and because most of the content delivered is copyright protected the box is having a hissy fit resulting in the 607 message.

do ya also get the message if you watch freeview hd?

If it's a simple HDCP handshake issue then try the following.

completely power off the telly and box for a good few minutes (i.e at the mains - disconnect the hdmi as well fo good measure)

having both scart and hdmi connected has been know to cause issues in the past but youview claim it's not an issue these days - i'm assuming you only use hdmi

then

reconnect hdmi
power on tv first and select the appropriate hdmi input
then power on the box and let it boot up

re-test for the error

if all ok, fab - if not you'll have to call 'them'

having said all the above if it's only happening with the bt player content and extra channels then still worth trying the above but before you do it's worth resetting bttv data from within the btplayer first.

then you really will have to ring 'them'

hth

*EDIT* just saw your last post  - if you end up doing my final suggestion i.e rest data - also give the hub a power cycle before reconnecting and powering on

DavidC
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Well, that's something for me to try tomorrow. 

I only have HDMI connection and it still seems odd that it's only started doing this since the software update. Ive not noticed it with the normal freeview HD channels although I can't be sure. I'll be watching some stuff later so I can try it then.

With all the issues I've had rcently with TV and BT Infinity a call to Sky is looking tempting. My son has TV/Broadband and phone which is a lot cheaper than the BT deal and he has had no trouble with it.

I'll see how I get on tomorrow before I succumb!

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 10 of 15

Hi DavidC, There are some good suggestions above. If you get stuck tomorrow then send me your accound details and I'll get someone to give you a call. Steve
BT TV expertSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.