cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 4

YVM607 - what's the point?

Is this the most pointless error message ever?

I've just turned on my TV, with the YouView box already on.  As usual, the YouView box has decided to display a YVM607 error saying "Sorry, you can't watch this.  You can't watch this programme on your TV as content protection could not be enabled.""

Behind the error dialog is the TV programme that the YouView box is tuned to.  The sound works as normal.

The only thing stopping me watching the programme is the stupid dialog box in the middle of the screen.  If I select Cancel, it goes away, and I can watch TV as normal.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: YVM607 - what's the point?

Is it a pointless message or is it an indication of a possible faulty cable 

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/Resolution-for-YVM607-1370864321905/?q=Error+co...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Well it's not pointless in the sense that it is indicating that something is not quite right in the communication from or between the Youview box and the TV. It is not particularly helpful in that there could be many reasons why the message is output.

Is this occuring when Youview box is on a terestrial (Freeview) HD channel  or in other scenarios.

Also is this a T1000 box or one of the newer models ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

It's a T1000 box, when watching Freeview channels.  I don't have a BT TV channels, so that's all I normally watch on it*.  It only does it when I turn on the TV while the YouView box is already on.  I suspect that the error is actually produced earlier on, but I only get to see it when the TV has finished booting up**.

*I have BT TV on my bill, at £0 per month, but I don't have any TV package.  All I can watch on BT TV is pay-per-view stuff.

**It's a "smart TV", which means it has loads of useless features and takes forever to start up.

0 Ratings