cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveG3
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

You View box failed to record

I have recently had a new BT You View 4K box and multiple times it has failed to record on different channels. I have done a full factory reset including deleting those programmes I had managed to record. Still get failed to record. It only seems to be when the box is in standby. If I record while watching another channel with the box on it does seem to record. To test this I have set it to record a programme in the early hours and I will leave the box fully on and not in standby mode. Is there a resolution?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: You View box failed to record

@SteveG3 

Just how common is this and is it for any particular channel(s)?

As you've done the maintenance mode resets , which would be the usual suggestion to help resolve this type of problem , then I'd be inclined to suggest that the problem is a faulty box.

If it was BT supplied as part of a contract for BT TV then I'd make contact with BT - I tend to use the online chat - and push for a replacement.

I've had reliability issues with this particular box in the distant past but now I think they're generally pretty good.

0 Ratings
SteveG3
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Can be any channel and does it every time when the box is in standby. My test last night by leaving the box on also failed. It was a channel 5 programme. I’ll contact BT. 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

@SteveG3 

I should have asked about signal strength & quality as this can have an impact. Can you post back what you get from several channels please.

The BT Youview boxes are quite sensitive to too high or too low a strength so worth checking.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @SteveG3  How did you get on when you contacted us? Post back and update the thread and we will be happy to help if you have not managed to get the issue resolved.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
SteveG3
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

The issue is not resolved. I used the Chat function and eventually my case was escalated. I received an email saying my complaint was being looked at, since then I have heard nothing. We have been away on an extended holiday arrived back and my programmes have again failed to record. As BT is providing me with a service that clearly does not work I shall be looking to move to Sky or another competitor unless someone contacts me to resolve the issue.

As a reminder BT Ultra HD box fails to record. It only works when the box has the blue light i.e. Box status on, and we are watching another channel. If the box is in Smart Standby mode it fails to record everytime. The signal stength is therefore fine. I have also done a hard reset of the box (twice).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @SteveG3 and thanks for posting.

Have you had any contact about this? If the signal strength etc are ok you might have a faulty box. Can you get back to me if you need any help?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
SteveG3
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I have now. BT have acknowledged it could be a faulty box and are coming out on Wednesday.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @SteveG3 ,

Thanks for getting back to me. I hope the engineer is able to get this sorted for you. Can you please post back and let us know how the visit goes?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings