cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lockygirl1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

You View box regularly saying no internet connection

Truly fed up with our You View box. For at least the last 6 months we regularly (90% at least) get the message saying no internet connection. Our wifi is absolutely fine. We ant access any apps and can't even see the guide images. Our BT sport is also terrible and regularly refuses to connect. We spent half an hour on the phone to someone in a random call centre who eventually Very rudely put the phone down on us (we were very polite to him!). I really don't want to pay an extortionate fee to an engineer. Can anyone please help? We switch it off at the router, the wall, the reset button etc ... Often only got 2 orange lights on our extension booster but even when there are three lights it still doesn't work. Help!!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: You View box regularly saying no internet connection

How is the Youview box connected to the router? An ethernet cable is the best and most reliable way.
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Lockygirl1

Sorry to hear you are having problems, if you PM me your telephone number I can take a look into the fault for you.

Thanks,

Gemma

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

It looks like you might be using wifi to get from the router to the YV box, if so that is the most unreliable method possible.

0 Ratings