cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstomlin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

You View connection question

we have moved back in to our house following a fire last year and  I am unable to get the YouView box to connect.

before the fire, the box connected to the router via a wired in data point which was connected via my 16 gate switch, along with everything else (tv, sky etc)

now nothing is able to connect other than wirelessly - I just want to check I am not missing something obvious.  Is the problem likely to be somewhere from the new data point which connects between the router and the 16 gate switch (this is a new data point so may be wired wrong?) 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: You View connection question

Try connecting the box direct to the router.

Try swapping the switch connection with one of the other boxes that does work.

(not sure exactly what you mean by "data point". Is this an ethernet port in the wall and connected back to the router by embedded cable?)

0 Ratings
jstomlin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: You View connection question

Hi

thx for the reply.  Yes, your much better explanation of my data point is what I have.

I tried a different point but it didn’t work - spoke to BT Halo help - when I mentioned I had been upgraded to aSmart Hub 2 for the property we rented while the house was rebuilt, he said that he would tweak some settings as they had us down with our original older hub.  That did the trick and it’s wirking.

i did subsequently try and use this set up with the new data point and it didn’t work so I’ll get the electrician back to fix that data  point.

0 Ratings