cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

You View internet channels buffering

Hello, 

For the past 6 weeks I’ve noticed that when watching football on BT sport through the You View box every minute or so the sound buffers for a couple of seconds. It’s starting to become really annoying. 

I’ve been told there is nothing wrong with the internet line or WIFI. We’ve had a new You View box sent out, new Ethernet cables, new WIFI extenders but it’s still doing it.

I’ve been told by the BT advisor that there isn’t anything else we can do other than to have the phone and broadband line moved to behind the TV which is a lot of work. 

I found this was an issue on here a few years ago and the solution was to rewind the game by 30 seconds and then it doesn’t buffer. Which I have done and that does help the issue but I don’t want to be watching football games 30 seconds behind? 

Thanks, Elisa 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: You View internet channels buffering

Try a factory reset of both the hub and the Youview box, if that doesn't do it, then come back with details of how the YouView box is connected to the hub

If you found this post helpful 🙂 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below. On the other hand, if you found it unhelpful 😞 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below . 😄
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Hi, 

This didn’t work. The You View box is connected to the Hub via the WIFI extenders. We’ve recently been sent a new set to see if these help and it hasn’t solved the problem. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Regardless of how new they are, wi-fi extenders are a liability, do whatever you have to do to get the box within reach of an Ethernet cable.

If you found this post helpful 🙂 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below. On the other hand, if you found it unhelpful 😞 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below . 😄
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 12

Usual workaround is to pause live TV for a couple of seconds.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Yes that does work but not great for in play betting on sport. Also, it’s only started happening in the last few months when I’ve had this same set up for 4 years and not had an issue? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

See message 4, you only have to do it temporarily to prove the fault

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Yes they have suggested this but the engineer said the only way to do it would to be have the wires going across the front of the house which I didn’t really want as it won’t look great...... just not sure why I’m only having this issue now when I’ve had them for 4 years and it’s been fine until then. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

I think I was editing my response whilst you were responding.

The idea is to get the box temporarily within range of the longest ethernet cable you have and then maybe use a small screen TV just to prove the point. That will prove whether or not it is the connectors

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Oh yes I have already done that, works absolutely fine with an Ethernet cable. But BT are telling me there is nothing wrong with my WIFI strength and we have tried new connectors so that now is my only option.

0 Ratings