cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

You view box black screen issue

Im now on my 3rd you view recorder box as every box seems to flick to a black screen for a few seconds then return to what channel I am watching.

I’ve eliminated the Ariel being an issue, the ports on my tv and any hdmi cables I’m using but problem still persists.

any one else had/have similar problems?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: You view box black screen issue

Bearing in mind what you said, it occurs to me that you either have had 3 faulty boxes and possibly 3 faulty HDMI cables or you have 1 faulty TV. Do you have another TV you could try?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I’ve tried all 3 hdmi ports and have no issues when using the PlayStation or Nintendo on either port.

The current box now is connected with a brand new hdmi cable which Came with it and have tried others and it still does it.

The strength and quality of Ariel is 100%
BT has blamed my Ariel being the problem last time I spoke to them 

the next step is that I will connect to a different tv

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Ah! You mentioned your signal strength is 100%. You may find it odd but that could be your problem. See this thread:

Solved: TV signal weak or lost - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@djbailey85 

I'd add to @Hunter2660 post and say that your 100% signal strength is the problem and the solution is a variable attenuator is required, as mentioned in the thread pointed to, & adjusted to reduce your strength figure to around 90%.

The tuners on the BT Humax boxes are highly susceptible to either a too strong or too weak signal, unlike those in most TVs that can cope happily.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

It's some time since this issue was raised but I have recently set up a BT Box Pro to replace our 4k box.  This is our second BT Box Pro.  This one has an issue similar to the problem here.  When set to pause live tv then return to play from the point paused, it plays normally at first then, if you fast forward to live tv, after a few seconds the screen goes black then attempts to rewind result in the chaos.  The system judders back and forth between rewind and fast forward and it is impossible to watch that particular channel without changing channel then selecting the original one viewed.  Even then, on changing back to the original channel and watching for a few minutes, it is impossible to rewind live tv even though it should have been possible to rewind back to the point the channel was selected. I originally thought that the black screen was simply the transmitting channel causing the fault but this happens on whatever channel is viewed. The system has been returned to factory default but the problem still exists 

Our first box was returned and replaced because I was not at all happy that the box was functioning correctly when set on surround sound using our Sonos Arc and Play 1's as surround speakers.  Using our previous 4k Box that could record 2 channels, surround sound worked perfectly.  However, the BT Box Pro does not transmit sound to the surround speakers unless set to stereo when it should do so when a program is transmitting 5.1 surround.  The speakers and surround sound work perfectly using only our LG OLED tv and our Sony Blu-Ray player.  Sonos are superb and spent some time checking out our system and found no fault with the speakers.  It seems the fault is with the BT Box Pro and at the moment I regret "upgrading" to the BT Box Pro.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I’m having the same issue. Very irritating. I’m within my first 30 days so am able to cancel. It’s happening too often. 

I’m using the box on ‘internet only’ mode. May move back to Sky….. maybe try their streaming puck. 

0 Ratings