cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

You view box/ bt tv

During watching live tv using my you view box, the colour reception changes from normal full colour to just purple and green, this has happened now 6 times or more, and to get it corrected i have to unplug the box to get it too reset. Anyone suffering same issue and if so how can it be resolved?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: You view box/ bt tv

Try a different HDMI cable

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Ta had done that, still occurred , but give BT there due , sending me out a new box free of charge , so was worth making contact with the help desk .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Happens to me every Sunday afternoon while watching football on skysports especially at half time I've had a new box new TV new hdmi cable still same problem.   I watched skysports trough the now tv app on my TV today

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Thanks I am getting a new box this week, but I agree it is when watching sky sports that this occurs
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

I've been getting the same for a few months. Using NowTV for SKY with a BT Youview Box - quite often when the live sports broadcast goes to an ad break and comes back, there are a few clicks on the sound and the picture goes green/purple/monochrome. To fix it, I switch the Youview box (via settings) to 1080i, and then don't accept the new settings and it reverts back ok. I've tried to ask NowTV but they're not that interested (presumably the switch back to the live broadcast is sending something in the signal that is affecting the box).

Not sure what made this start to happen as the setup is old - so maybe some firmware upgrade on the youview box, or something Sky added to their transmission feed?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Thanks that’s exactly what mine has been doing. BT are sending me a new box so 🤞its ok
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Good luck I had a new box still have the same problem 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

I know nothing about broadcasting, but it seems to be in the signal. It happens virtually every time that Sky switch back from recorded to a live  (in my case football) stream - as if some form of reset was being sent out. That is why I thought it was a Sky issue and contacted NowTV. It's not new either - there are other reports on here going back years. Is there no way the feed can be analysed?

0 Ratings