cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: You view box/ bt tv

Yes its the same with me , its during live sports and only on sky, but BT are sending me a new box , so will see what happens.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Can I ask what TV you have? The one here is an older Panasonic Viera.

The peculiarity with what I see, is that the Youview box menus (ie what's on now/next) come up in normal colour. It's only the main picture that's affected. It's also difficult to tell if it's the TV that's been changed or just the Youview box - as presumably by changing the Youview box from 1080p to 1080i (and then leave it it at 1080p), that sends some form of reset to the TV (and I don't have NowTV as an app directly on the TV to check)? I can't believe everyone with NowTV on Youview is getting the same issue (although there are a few reports of this on the web, there don't appear to be enough for a global problem).

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

I don't have the issue either.

BT box Pro, hdmi cable supplied with the box, TV is a Sony bravia 37" (can't remember the model) but its circa 2010 model. Having said that I use a Sony str-dh800 av receiver in between. I do note that on first power up of the stack, hdmi dances about for about three times. Then settles and its perfect.

I wonder if it's something to do with hdcp as I'm sure sky want that feed 100% locked down and protected from being re-streamed. Perhaps software is checking the handshake and that upsets certain TV models? 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Also doing the resolution switch would definitely reset the handshake as the box will probe the tv's edid for supported resolutions... 

0 Ratings