Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jestok
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

You view box cutting out every 30seconds

Go to solution
I've seen various posts on freebies or internet channels cutting out frequently and these appear to be signal or connectivity related. However, I am seeing it on both and so surely the common element here is my you view box.

I tried retuning but to no avail. It only seems to have started since we added sky sports/cinema and even then not immediately. But these last couple of days it has gotten so annoying.

Trying to watch Olympics on BBC1 HD or a movie on Sky Premiere, neither lend themselves to constantly cutting out.

Any advice? It's starting to make me want to go shopping for an alternative provider....
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: You view box cutting out every 30seconds

Go to solution
Is there a warning code/message? Have you tried using a new HDMI cable?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Jestok
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
No warning or message. Sound drops, screen goes black, as if changing channel and then comes back a second or so later.

Will try another cable for now.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Do you have any other devices connected to your TV ?

0 Ratings
Jestok
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Yes,amazonfire stick and a bluray player. I've flipped the HDMI cable from the bluray player and so far looks good. Thanks for the help!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If it occurs again try disconnecting the Amazon Fire stick for a while and see it displays normally.

First impressions is that either your Youview to TV HDMI coonection was temporarily failing (maybe poor/loose connection)  or another HDMI device connected to the Tv is  interupting.

0 Ratings