Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mspro1946
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

You view box freezing

Go to solution

My you view box has been freezing up every 3/4 days and all I can do is switch it off at main socket then wait for it to reboot. Despite 2 visits from the bt engineer they won't change the box.  An email to bt has not been answered and when I rang again to complain i was told i may be charged £129.99 for an engineer to visit. I cannot wait for my contract to expire so i can go back to SKY.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
HaggisUK
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: You view box freezing

Go to solution

I had the very same problem. Phoned BT and they sent out an engineer a day latter. I found I could get the box to freeze if I paused a program(Internet channel) for a period of time....so I did this for when the engineer arrived. I then explained the problem with the box freezing to him and he went straight out to the van to get a new box....best bet is to lay it on thick. The old box also had a very noisy hard drive that you could hear whirring while watching recorded programs. 

0 Ratings
yorkytel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

What happened to the stock of recordings you had on the faulty box?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@yorkytel wrote:

What happened to the stock of recordings you had on the faulty box?

You have already asked that question and had the answer on this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Saving-archive-from-a-YouView-box/td-p/1627670

Why ask the same question again?

Most people do not keep recordings once they have watched them, as the function of the box is for time shifting only.

0 Ratings
mspro1946
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Lost all recordings 3 times now. Every time bt rebooted the box when I rang them up. When the engineer came he suggested I stand the bx on wooden blocks as it was overheating. Unfortunately I have 6 months left on contract so I have to pay for something that is faulty.  I have relations who are openreach engineers and they are disgusted at the treatment we are receiving from bt.

0 Ratings
yorkytel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Your experience interests me. You may care to check the link above from Keith Beddoe to a post of mine. My view is one should not have to lose recordings in this situation. The official line begs to differ. I am currently taking steps to check this out so we shall see. Hey hum.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @mspro1946,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am very sorry to read of the problems you are having.  I would have hoped that after two engineer visits a solution would have been found Smiley Surprised  I fully understand your frustration.

Its clear from what you have written that something is not right, your YouView box should not be freezing up like you have described.  I would like to help get to the bottom of this.  Can you please send me an email with your details and we will take it from there?

If you click on my username (SeanD) you will find our contact link under the 'About me' section of my profile.  Fill in your details and this will generate an email which will come directly to us.  I am sure we will be able to help Smiley Wink

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
mspro1946
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi seanD thanks for your response. Unfortunately I cannot find the link. Could you please advise. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @mspro1946 Sorry about that. 

Try my profile. Clicking on my user name and you should see a link to contact the mods just under my avatar. 

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
HaggisUK
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

"What happened to the stock of recordings you had on the faulty box?"

I lost the lot...I asked if it was possible to move them to a hard drive via USB port but was told NO.

0 Ratings