cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

You view box recordings

We had to have a new you view box as the old one was not working properly. Since we had it, i can record quite happily, except certain channels are not watchable. Especially channel 4, whole series, including Humans, is pixilated and breaking up to the point ive just deleted them all, any ideas?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: You view box recordings

• Model of YV Box you now have ?
  • Signal Strength & Quality (see relevant readout on 'Settings') On both 'good' & 'Bad' Channels
  • Any known Transmission problems for the TV in your area?
  • Check for 4G interference.
  • Does TV itself show a good picture for Channel 4 ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Thank you, yes when watching channel 4, the picture is good, no known transmission problems so yes will check signal strength where will I find model details?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Checked youview box it doesnt actually show anything other than you view? 91-00438 is that it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 13

which of these 3 is it ? http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv-packages/?s_intcid=article You can also see the Model type in the relevant section of the Settings page ...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 13

I would also adviae you to goto the at800 website and check for 4g interference. Just because it was not a issue before don't mean its the case now as a lot of the mobile networks have been expanding there 4g networks. Some of the bands used are close to the bands the free view multiplexs and can cause interference. The at 800 website can advise if you are in a area at risk. If you are a free filter will be sent.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Thank you, its you view plus

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Thank you, checked the at800 no problems in my area, could it be because our TV is around 7 years old?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Just did a re tune and checked signal quality for channel 4 and its 60% is that good or bad?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

If that is the signal quality, then 60% is poor. Quality needs to be 85-100% for the YouView box to extract an error free digital signal. You need to get your aerial installation checked.