cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nellboo
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: You view box won’t connect to Internet

Thanks. I have tried the direct cables and I can watch bt sport. Unfortunately I can’t run an aerial and Ethernet to the box simultaneously to check both but I assume this leads us to the solution you suggested.
I am still puzzled as to why it once worked with these plugs but not now. Does that suggest it might be anything else?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

@Nellboo wrote:
Thanks. I have tried the direct cables and I can watch bt sport. Unfortunately I can’t run an aerial and Ethernet to the box simultaneously to check both but I assume this leads us to the solution you suggested.
I am still puzzled as to why it once worked with these plugs but not now. Does that suggest it might be anything else?

As you are a BT YouView customer, I will ask one of the moderators if you qualify for the £20 mini connectors offer, and whether they could arrange for a couple to be sent. That will prove whether its your adapters. Other people have reported issues with some make of adapters.

0 Ratings
Nellboo
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

I’ve just called bt and have been advised that they are not willing to guarantee any power line setup and don’t believe that this will necessarily be the problem. He says it is probably the internal circuitry which means the signal isn’t making it to the destination. Anyone else faced this?
0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 14 of 15

As @Keith_Beddoe mentioned earlier some powerline plugs have issues with the multicast that bt tv use. The bt mini connectors will solve that problem. 

If you read this thread Neilo a forum mod confirms existing bt tv customers can have the mini connectors for £20. He also has a link to follow to request a set.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/How-to-connect-YouView-Box-when-hub-in-another-room/m-p/17...

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

@Zombie Thanks, I had forgotton about that  request link that @NeilO had posted.