cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rai3er
Message 1 of 9

You view ultra HD box missing end of recording

Go to solution

Hi, can anyone think of a workaround to prevent the box from missing the last few minutes of recordings? I'm a new customer having been with sky for the last 8 years or so and was initially really happy with the move to BT. However, I am really struggling with the box cutting recordings short. The sky box allowed you to set a buffer at the end which ensured that the end of programs were recorded (and I read that earlier versions of youview boxes did also). Unless I'm missing something the new box does not have the option to do so and at only 3 days into a 12 month contract I'm beginning to regret the move as I'm a shift worker and have to record most of what I watch. Is there any way to adjust the system clock to fool it in to starting and finishing a couple of minutes later? BT, are there any software upgrades in the pipeline to reintroduce the buffer? Any resolution (apart from being told to contact the individual channels to moan about their timings or being told to record the following program) would be greatly received!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: You view ultra HD box missing end of recording

Go to solution

@Rai3er wrote:

Hi, can anyone think of a workaround to prevent the box from missing the last few minutes of recordings? I'm a new customer having been with sky for the last 8 years or so and was initially really happy with the move to BT. However, I am really struggling with the box cutting recordings short. The sky box allowed you to set a buffer at the end which ensured that the end of programs were recorded (and I read that earlier versions of youview boxes did also). Unless I'm missing something the new box does not have the option to do so and at only 3 days into a 12 month contract I'm beginning to regret the move as I'm a shift worker and have to record most of what I watch. Is there any way to adjust the system clock to fool it in to starting and finishing a couple of minutes later? BT, are there any software upgrades in the pipeline to reintroduce the buffer? Any resolution (apart from being told to contact the individual channels to moan about their timings or being told to record the following program) would be greatly received!

Not ideal I know. All I can suggest for now is that if you want to record 'the big match' that's showing as being on between say 1pm and 3pm and between 3pm and 4pm they are showing as 'something else' you set the box to recoord both. The proper solution is what the bbc do where if a something is overrunning they expand the scheduled window.

This doesn't seem to happen for any of the internet channels just now. It's incumbent on the broadcaster, BT for the internet channels, to remedy this.

Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I meant to add: lots of the internet programmes are available to watch on line. Press the 'bt player' button on your remote control and have a browse...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
What channels and programmes are you seeing the issue on Rai3er?
BT TV expertLaurenH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
TNT555
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

True much of it ends up on BT player. It's all 25fps rubish on bt player, not the lovley silky smooth 50 fields of the live channels.

I never watch BT player for sports, only for interviews or anything captured at naitive 24 or 25 fps.

I always add the next event to be recorded on a live sport recording as youview 1 and only system for extending events on the epg and also recordings on over runs is almost never used by BT.

0 Ratings
Rai3er
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Generally the internet channels such as discovery 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Yesw having the same problem and about to complain to BT. Absolutely useless recording Alibi New Tricks programme series, partner went to watch and last few minutes of each programme lost.

IMHO duff digital software by BT / Alibi, BT is the root fault because my contract to provide this service is with them, I have no contract with Alibi.

The BT TV for me is getting to the stage where I will return the whole package on go back to SKY.

Malcolm

Spoiler
Smiley Sad
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

It's not just the BT internet channels with this issue. I find it happens with a some of higher-numbered freeview channels.

In those cases you can complain to the broadcaster. The internet channels seem to be a grey area. Do you complain to the channel for not sticking to their indicated time slot or the supplier, BT, or both?

Anyway alibi channel is part of uktv. They have a faq with contact form: http://alibi.uktv.co.uk/article/faqs/

You could always ask them...

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Btw a quick look in the guide shows those 'new tricks' programmes are shown on alibi channel with the same episodes repeated in different time slots. It might be worth seeing if the earlier or later slot is better at keeping to the allotted time. Just a thought...

0 Ratings