cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

YouView App Phasing Out

Anyone know how to make a recording request if you have a second box if Youview app is being phased out?

https://support.youview.com/mobile-app/

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: YouView App Phasing Out

@yellowandgreen 

The simple answer is NO.

The only app working for me is the BT TV app. The TalkTalk & Youview ones won't send a booking request but can still see the box.

As with you I'm unable to remotely set my second box now.

BT really need to address this issue seeing as they sell multi-room/extra room (or whatever it's called now) but without the ability to remotely programme the second unit.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

If you have a second mobile device then you would be able to connect that to your second device .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

To be fair, carrying a second mobile phone around with me just in case I might want to record a programme on my second box might not be the best solution!

• I guess BT must know about this or at least I hope so. An app update or a second app on the same phone should work.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

That's an interesting thought. I presently use BT app to remotely set recordings on one device, and YouView app to set recordings on second device. BUT the second device is not on extra box subscription, so I doubt no BT TV app is going to able to address it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 9

One other downside of the BT App is you can't remotely record radio which was the only thing I ever used the YouView App to do  😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

If you are a serious remote viewer then you may want to consider adding a Slingbox to your home set up.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 8 of 9

Does that (a slingbox) require a fixed IP address?

Was once told that and it put me off

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 9

Although the BT TV app is ok. I did prefer the Youview app.

Since moving from the old Enterainment Max HD package to the Big Entertainment package about 2 weeks ago. 

I will now be using the BT TV Player even less than I did before.

Darren

0 Ratings