cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kateadams81
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

YouView BT box not working after power cut

We had a all out powercut for an hour. When it came back on all was working then there was a small surge and now for the last hour the box has failed to reboot and start up. 
I have done a factory reset, but it’s still going through the startup screen after 45 mins!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: YouView BT box not working after power cut

Try unplugging all the box's leads, waiting 30 seconds, reconnect all and see how you go then. 

0 Ratings
Kateadams81
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

I have turned the box off by the rear switch, turned the tv and box off at the wall, turned back on, nothing happened, looks like it tries to startup (I get the loading page), but nothing further than that. 
I then looked online for help pages and did the factory reset. Came back on and did the same. Just not progressing past the loading/startup page now for an hour. 

0 Ratings
Kateadams81
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

All wires unplugged and all electricity switches turned off/on. Made no difference
0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 14

0 Ratings
Kateadams81
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

There are no issues with the aerials. It was literally working fine until the second power outage. 
I did the factory reset (options 2&3) through the maintenance options. And it still doesn’t progress beyond the startup screen. Ive just gone back in and done a software update as I can’t do the usb options. 
mots still doing the same. Nothing beyond the loading/startup page 😭

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 14

Apologies for I can offer no more. One of the regular experts may offer an effective solution.

If you haven't any stored programmes, then you might refer to this while waiting

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box- 

0 Ratings
gavinlambourne
BT TV Expert
Message 8 of 14

Hi @Kateadams81 - when you state you can't do option (4) or (5) - "Internet/USB Recovery" - what happens when you select either of these options?

Thanks
Gavin

Kateadams81
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Gavin, Thank you for your reply.  In the end my husband came home from work and sorted it. 

0 Ratings
Dickie_Flosp
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Glad you're sorted, but it would be useful to know what your husband did to fix the problem, as it may help others.